[MPlayer-dev-eng] Sample translation lookup implementation

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Dec 7 06:56:08 CET 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 03:07:42AM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 19:39 -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> > Yes and it's an absolute requirement. Anything not meeting that
> > requirement is rejected because it's a feature regression which is
> > against the rules. :)
>
> So you're not actually working on MPlayer but want to have the position
> of deciding what is rejected and what isn't?

No, both policy and the majority of developers who actually care about
it have the authority to decide. But when it comes to advocating for a
regression, you'd better have damn overwhelming support for it if any
of the team strongly wants the feature preserved.

> > Now STFU and stop this stupid thread unless you plan on sending an
> > acceptable implementation with 0 lines of changes to the .c files. At
> > this point what you're doing amounts to trolling.
>
> How about you STFU if all you can do is stupid flaming on the mailing
> lists and childish tantrums on IRC.

After trying to reason with you, I'm at a loss for what to do aside
from just trying to piss you off enough to get you to quit. Your
presence has turned MPlayer from something fun to a huge hassle and
frustration.

Rich