[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: already got a workaround (re: latest svn broke on MacOSX)

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 10:30:35 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/6/06, sci-fi at hush.ai <sci-fi at hush.ai> wrote:
> On 2006-12-05 06:48:26 -0600, Guillaume Poirier <gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu> said:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > sci-fi at hush.ai wrote:
> >>
> >> Sometime sooner or later I hope the moderator will approve the
> >> configure.log
> >> post I just made, in relation to the current svn breakage for MacOSX during
> >> make.  For now you-all are going to need to wait for that report in order
> >> to see what I'm talking about exactly here.  ;)
> >
> > I don't see any of your messages in the "moderation pending" queue.
> > Did you cancel it?
> >
> > Also, what was the reason given for filtering your message? Was it too
> > big? Did you try to compress the attachment?
>
> yes the maillist software sent me a private reply saying the
> post was too big.  I did not cancel it... oh I see it has
> showed up here, so I presume you-all can see it also...

Yes, I approve it because it wasn't significally bigger than the
list's mail size limit.

[..]

> Thanks... any ideas I will certainly try...

Well, you can do 2 things that work reasonably well for me:
- create a gmail account (gmail preserves threading)
- use a mailer that preserves threading, such as thunderbird.

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations