[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [xine-devel] Proposal for a common D-Bus interface for media players

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes at gentoo.org
Tue Dec 5 04:36:14 CET 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 23:42, Rafaël Carré wrote:
> This is why i'm reaching you, developers of some media players, to comment
> what i've done or work with me, until that specification fulfills your
> needs, and can be used in a real world.
>
> This specification should stay as generic as possible, because media
> players that want to make specific methods available with D-Bus can do it
> through their specific interface.
Well, I'm the last dev of xine so I shouldn't really talk, but I think that
this is something that should implemented, if really needed, at a frontend
level.

Considering then that xine-ui has for sure other priorities than implementing
DBus handling, this should say most of it.

It might make sense for stuff like oxine where the frontend always run to
provide a set-top-box like interface, but I don't really think this belongs
to the backend library (or to the backend binary in the case of mplayer).

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...