[MPlayer-dev-eng] Stream http patch

Nikolay Dobrev dobrev666 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 12:07:07 CET 2006

Ok.
I will try to explain the reason why I sent this patch.
The old versions of mplayer work well but newer don't.
The reason for this is than in mime_type_table for application/octet-stream
type had changed from DEMUXER_TYPE_ASF to DEMUXER_TYPE_UNKNOWN. So the asf
stream over http dos not work anymore. Mplayer thinks the stream is "plain
http" (stream_info_t stream_info_http1) and when tries to open the stream it
fails.
Then the asf stream is not probed and mplayer exits with "End of file".
I'm not familiar with the mplayer source to suggest better patch. May be
someone else will suggest better.