[MPlayer-dev-eng] Support request : MMES (Matrox MPEG2 i-frame)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Dec 2 11:46:07 CET 2006

Hello,
On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 03:02:56PM +0100, Simon Oualid wrote:
> I am currently working on video files encoded with this codec (fourcc :
> mmes).

I officially conclude that this format was programmed by some incredible
idiots.
It is a whole video in one single AVI chunk. I don't think this is even
remotely a valid AVI file.
mplayer -dumpvideo 024123.avi
mplayer stream.dump
plays the video. No idea about audio, is there supposed to be some?

> Actually, mplayer crash on both linux and windows platform when I try to
> decode those video with the command line above.

There is no crash in the output below.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger