[MPlayer-dev-eng] Support request : MMES (Matrox MPEG2 i-frame)

Simon Oualid simon.oualid at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 15:02:56 CET 2006

Hello,

I am currently working on video files encoded with this codec (fourcc :
mmes).

Actually, mplayer crash on both linux and windows platform when I try to
decode those video with the command line above.

I uploaded the VFW codec on your ftp server (directory:
/MPlayer/incoming/matrox_mmes/) with a video file example. It would be great
to read those video with mplayer ! :)

I uploaded the driver installation pack (for windows), but the dll is
digivcap.dll.

Maybe I can work on it, but I'll need some help to know where to begin ...
^^

Thanks forward,

---
C:\TEMP_APP\encoder>mplayer v:\wm9\024123.avi -nosound
---

MPlayer 1.0pre8-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU:               Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (Family: 15, Model: 4,
Stepping: 1)
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

Playing v:\wm9\024123.avi.
AVI file format detected.
** Warning: this is no extended AVI header..
AVI_NI: No audio stream found -> no sound.
Seek failed
AVI: Missing video stream!? Contact the author, it may be a bug :(

Exiting... (End of file)
---