[MPlayer-dev-eng] Question about A/V synchronization.

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Aug 31 18:33:18 CEST 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:17:57 +0800
"Liu Mars" <marsliudev at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like there is no speed control in audio playing code. So if audio
> plays too fast, the best way from the current code is to drop frames.

Audio should not play too fast. If it does, then the sound card
driver or the card itself is missbehaving.

> Dropping frame is a good way (sometime it is the only way, like my case.
> )for synchronization but it makes the movie jerking. why don't mplayer try
> to slow down the audio playing speed?  I do think it will be better than
> dropping frame.

Because it causes sound distortion. Small corrections of the
show time of frames are hardly noticable, while the same small
corrections would horribly distort sound.

			Attila Kinali

--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ