[MPlayer-dev-eng] win32 loader

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Mon Aug 28 08:11:23 CEST 2006

I would make a total rewrite from scratch of win32 loader,
currently is something like hackerish and almost unmaintenable.
I don't have much time but I can do it as "background" task.
This would involve to make a compile-time generation of some headers
for exports since all the stuff now is in win32.c.
Definitively libwine doesn't work for this, since the executable
using win32 function must be called with the wine wrapper or
it will crash (wineserver may be involved).

My goal would be having a standalone infrastucture that
can be used also for other projects, a sort of "mini wine",
for situation where the usage of a binary windows dll is needed.

Also the current code doesn't supports cxx exceptions, currently
I don't have enough skills to create one.

I'm sending this mail to get feedbacks and maybe someone that
can help me.

I would have different files like kernel32.c user32.c etc
to implement various functions.
In the current code function definitions are at the bottom
of win32.c file and all implementation are before.
Splitting in different files means having some headers
with export and proto definitions, created at compile time.
Wine uses winebuild but I was thinking about a simpler tool.

Waiting for feedbacks.... :)
Bye

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>