[MPlayer-dev-eng] "lockless" cache2 looks buggy

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Aug 27 18:27:50 CEST 2006

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 12:19:36PM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> However I would be more happy of a complete rewrite that instead of
> one big circular buffer uses many chunks. The problem that this is
> supposed to solve is, when non-interleaved avi is played that have
> audio and video on the both ends of the file, meaning that cache
> flushes itself constantly.

The solution to this problem is not more ugly hacks, but removing the
whole 'non-interleaved avi' hack altogether. Any noninterleaved format
(avi and others) is easily supported just by using a separate instance
of the demuxer for the audio, as if the user had specified -audiofile
with the same filename. This way you'd get two separate cache
instances too.

> Well... wish you lick.

LMAO more iivelish. :)))

Rich