[MPlayer-dev-eng] gconvert_uri_to_filename can't convert uri currently

Liu Mars marsliudev at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 24 03:54:28 CEST 2006

Currently I try to drag and drop a file which has Chinese characters to
mplayer. But mplayer reports file not found. After several tests, I
understand that this problem is from gconvert_uri_to_filename. In this
function, getenv("CHARSET") can't get any value, so the charset value alway
uses the default one: "iso8859-1". So when I put a file name containning
Chinese charactor, the iconv function will take out all Chinese characters,
then I get file not found error.

I did try use configure option --charset=UTF-8. but it was helpless.