[MPlayer-dev-eng] dumpstreaming live radio

Chandan Pitta chandan.pitta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 15:45:20 CEST 2006

Hello Developers,

I have written some code to record live streams as separate files
based on the metadata information if available in the stream. Since
-dumpstream can only record a single big I file, I wrote some quick
hacks to make mplayer write separate files for each track and name
them accordingly.

I am new to MPlayer code development and so I do not know how the
patch submissions work in this project. Can someone point me to the
link or location where there is more information on submitting
patches.

Also I have a couple of questions:
Would the MPlayer team like this functionality in MPlayer and would
you like to merge it into the mainline? Because currently I have a
working peice and I am happy to use it for myself but if it needs to
go in main line I will do some code clean up and documentation.

My second question is, if this patch is accepted, am I responsible for
adding everything from a new option in Mplayer to adding the
information in man pages / document in addition to the code?

Thank you,
Chandan