[MPlayer-dev-eng] What's the use of '-unicode'?

陆然 hephooey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 04:16:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 08:43, Evgeniy Stepanov wrote:
> SUB: Could not determine file format
> ENCA detected charset: UCS-2
> LIBASS: added subtitle file: 2.ssa (7 styles, 9850 events)
> SUB: Added subtitle file (1): 2.ssa

good to hear that libass can already cope with the ucs-2 issue, looking
forward for it to replace the old text-sub system.

> The first line here is from subreader. It failes trying to parse ucs-2
> encoded file as a text file. On the other hand, libass reads the whole file
> to memory and converts it before parsing.
>
> The same approach can be used in subreader with little effort.

I've tried to do that, but the frustrating thing is that the subreader code is
that it use the stream layer to read the data line by line, which means a lot
of iconv will be added or changeing the data reading method from stream to
something else, I was scared :(

--
Best Regards,
LR