[MPlayer-dev-eng] configure vs #undef

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 16:52:31 CEST 2006

2006/8/21, Roberto Togni <r_togni at tiscali.it>:
> On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:51:23 +0200
> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>
> > Currently configure sets "#define FOO" if a test succeeds and if it
> > fails it sets "#undef FOO" in config.h.  I wonder if this is necessary.
> > AFAICT we only depend on defined and not on undefine things.
> >
> > I'm tempted to remove all the #undef, which should get rid of 250 or
> > more lines in configure.  Am I overlooking something?
> >

> They are useful when you debug a problem with some user: if you ask him
> to grep configure for some label, he will get a result and will tell
> you if the label is defined or undefined. If you only have the defines
> and the user reports that he got no match, you will never know if the
> label is undefined or if he did something wrong while grepping for it.

Also,
It may be 1 at million but it is possible to hit definition of the
same name. It could even be supplied by command line (There are some
in the Makefile).
You know, HAVE_that and this is quite logical name to come with ;)

DonDiego, this question comes rather late. You already have completely
disabled some detections preventing them from #undef - ing.
I hope you will hunt them down :)