[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Reindentation of mplayer.c

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Sun Aug 20 20:14:13 CEST 2006

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:01:04 +0200
Ivo <ivop at euronet.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What do you think of running GNU indent on mplayer.c and maybe on other
> files that have become pretty unreadable over the years and are
> unmaintained?
>
> Of course the default of indent is horrible (GNU coding style), so I came up
> with a set of command line options, which I believe match the most commonly
> accepted style for MPlayer. See the attached script.
>
> Any comments? Or flames? :)

If you want to do so and have an MPlayer coding style then imho:
- do it on ALL files.
- impose it to all devels
- keep the shell script in TOOLS/ so that everytime someone adds a new file he just has to pass it to MPlayer's indent tools to have MPlayer'ished.

Ben

--
"My life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Bender, Futurama