[MPlayer-dev-eng] [libass] re: render plain text subtitles in color?

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Wed Aug 16 16:02:09 CEST 2006

On Tue Aug 15 16:25:29 CEST 2006, Evgeniy Stepanov wrote:

>On Tuesday 15 August 2006 17:09, compn wrote:
>> just wondering if its possible to set a color for non-styled plain text
>> fonts? (to get red or yellow .srt subtitles)
>
> They are currently rendered with the old engine. In a few days I'm going to
> commit a patch that will allow using libass for any subtitle format (via
> subreader). Only external subs will be supported at first.

oh ok :)

> Maybe even -ass-default-style. It can be used as the default style for
> ssa/ass, and as the only style for other formats. Though it may be too
> complicated for users that are not familiar with ssa/ass.
>
> Both ways can be supported, with -ass-default-style having priority.

would the style be in an ssa style file? -ass-default-style file.ssa ?

>> also any chance to display two subtitles at once?
>
> That's possible. With styles, different subtitles can be assigned different
> colors, positions (margins), or even one of them can be made toptitle. I'm
> not sure what the user interface for this feature should be. Maybe like
> this: 'b' scrolls over available subtitle tracks, and 'v' (or some other key)
> turns the current subtitle on/off, not affecting the other ones ?

'j' key cycles/off/on the bottom subs while 'b' key cycles/off/on the toptitles?

r sub_pos -1
t sub_pos +1
is for the subtitles

R sub2_pos -1
T sub2_pos +1
maybe R and T (hold shift) should be the toptitles?

thanks for looking at my request
-compn