[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Vorbis decoding performance

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 10:13:30 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 8/9/06, Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>

> > (All of the abose AFAIU oprofile and Perfmon)
> >

> oprofile (kernel module) exposes the performance counters to userspace
> oprofile (userspace suite) let you read them at various stages.

Well, last time I used oprofile, I had to be root to set the perf
counters, that's why I didn't see it as a way to implement START/STOP
macros (which aren't supposed to need privileged access).
... but maybe I just lack Oprofile expertise ^^

My dream was to be either a volleyball player or a vegetarian, because
I love animals.
Gisele Bundchen
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/giselebund202925.html