[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: removing internal tremor

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Aug 8 17:02:16 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 05:00:17PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 13:57 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > Very simple, demux_ogg used half of the ogg functions from libogg and
> > the other half from the tremor lib.
> > Fixed in SVN, but I guess this shows the full uglyness of this stuff.
>
> Did you test whether it actually works? There seemed to be some API
> changes in new tremor, though I didn't look closely.

Yes, but I had to add two hacks:
in ad_libvorbis:
#define vorbis_synthesis(b, p) vorbis_synthesis(b, p, 1)
in demux_mov.c
-#include <tremor/ogg.h>
+#include <ogg/ogg.h>

Both are of course not acceptable for inclusion in SVN...

Btw. I found this quite quick because some time ago I had a similar
problem when including theora under MinGW - seems to be gone now for
some reason though...

> > I'm fine with removing tremor, but IMHO we should then either
> > 1) include libogg
> > 2) make demux_ogg independant of it in some other way
> > 3) remove/disable by default demux_ogg and go for libavformat.
>
> The libavformat demuxer cannot currently be used for ogm files with
> subtitles.

I pretty much excluded 3) for other reasons, too.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger