[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: removing internal tremor

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 13:37:50 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 8/8/06, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 11:46:50AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 09:22:51PM +0200, Roberto Togni wrote:

> > > Well, without the "maybe". If external tremor is not working then
> > > removal of the internal one is not a good choice (unless it always
> > > outperforms ffvorbis)
> >
> > I've just fixed the external Tremor detection in configure.  It had
> > definitely never worked before.  It compiles and links now, but crashes
> > immediately in demux_open.  I'll post more details later.
>
> Here is the backtrace, maybe somebody else can make some more sense of
> it.

The offending line is here:

> 0x40035380 <ogg_sync_wrote+32>: mov    (%edx),%eax

And given that:

> (gdb) info all-registers
> eax            0x1000   4096
> ecx            0x85e3f50        140394320
> edx            0x2000   8192

it looks like the value of  %edx doesn't point to a memory location.
This should be not be too hard to fix... I hope I can have a look at
it soon, but don't hold your breath...

Guillaume
--
My dream was to be either a volleyball player or a vegetarian, because
I love animals.