[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Vorbis decoding performance

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni at programozo.hu
Tue Aug 8 00:28:38 CEST 2006

Hi!

hétfő 07 augusztus 2006 23.09-kor Michael Niedermayer ezeket a bolcs
gondolatokat fogalmazta meg:
> hmm floating point emulation is slow sure but it shouldnt be that slow ...
>
> [...]

Actually, tremor being at least 20 times faster than floating point whatever
is what I would have expected on arm.

(wma - floating point - on a 206 mhz arm cpu needed 300% cpu time, compared to
tremor or libmad's 10-20%, when I tested these a few years ago on a strongarm
1100 206 mhz cpu).

bye
Denes

--
---
What kills me, doesn't make me stronger.