removing internal tremor (was: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] non-free and undistributable files in tremor/)

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni at programozo.hu
Fri Aug 4 23:32:53 CEST 2006

Hi!

péntek 04 augusztus 2006 22.10-kor Uoti Urpala ezeket a bolcs gondolatokat
fogalmazta meg:
> positions that are not at a packet boundary). However if there is no
> timestamp in the first packets after a seek that can cause problems
> since in that situation it's not possible to extrapolate from the
> previous packets.

If the previous packet's timestamp is not known, than nothing can be done for
vorbis.

> Also encoding with streamcopy to another format might
> require timestamps if the target container format cannot handle not
> having a separate timestamp for every packet (though Mencoder timestamp
> handling sucks so badly anyway at the moment that it's mostly a
> hypothetical "if Mencoder was fixed otherwise..." question).

If it's streamcopy, than this hack doesn't do anything, as a full
initialization of the vorbis decoder would be needed (read all codebooks
etc.).

> > c.) I don't remember what third alternative I had in mind.
>
> Implement minimal vorbis parsing support in the ogg demuxer? (I don't
> know how complicated it would be to get the packet lengths).

I have ruled that out, because it would be an almost complete vorbis
decoder :)

Thanks for your explanations. So it seems this is not a big deal afterall.

bye
Denes

--
---
What kills me, doesn't make me stronger.