[MPlayer-dev-eng] non-free and undistributable files in tremor/

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Aug 4 14:03:46 CEST 2006

Hi

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 03:46:51AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
[...]
> ffvorbis is way faster.  I vote for removing tremor, there appear to be
> no circumstances under which it is faster and many where it is
> considerably slower.

i agree of course, theres should be just one case where tremor will be
faster then ffvorbis and that is if theres no FPU, for that case a
integer based imdct + windowing + ... would be nice to have in lavc

btw, when you are already doing all these tests, maybe you could run
tiny_psnr or a similar tool over the PCM output, yes iam curious
how much the 3 differ from each other ...

[...]