[MPlayer-dev-eng] MEncoder license inquiry

yichun.huang at kodak.com yichun.huang at kodak.com
Fri Aug 4 04:29:46 CEST 2006

Hi MPlayer team,

I'm the developer of MediaCoder (http://mediacoder.sf.net), an audio/video
transcoder software which uses MEncoder as video encoder. MediaCoder is
made up of a GUI application and a library. The library is the glue to put
together all of the decoders, encoders (including MEncoder, which is also
the most important one) and tools it supports and let them work together.
MediaCoder is distributed under GPL license. Recently I'm going to make a
branch of current MediaCoder source code tree to make a new library (still
open-source) for use in a commercial software (part of it will be
closed-source). I want to know if this action is permitted or is it
possible for me to be granted the right to do this? Looking forward for
your reponse.

Regards,

Stanley