[MPlayer-dev-eng] re-sync audio with video after seeking

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Wed Aug 2 09:50:24 CEST 2006

khngan at ie.cuhk.edu.hk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been working on adding the seeking for ASF/WMV streams on MMS transport
> part with a little progress. Unfortunately I found that although the video
> stream seems to be correctly seeked to the position desired the audio stream is
> not. When the mplayer continue to play back on the seeked point the audio
> suffers from random time sync issue with the video. Is there any method to get
> them sync again? Any opinion or pointers to the relevant code fragments are
> very much appreciated.
>
> Rudolf.

after seeking demux_seek() automatically
calls resync_audio_stream(), that asks
the audio decoder to resync (not all decoders do).

Are you sure you are not buffering/delaying
audio packets and forgetting to free them after seek?

 Sponsor:
 Conquista e fatti conquistare aderendo al Club PER DUE di Blinko, chat via SMS con 2 giorni gratis!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5492&d=2-8