[MPlayer-dev-eng] make clean and make distclean behavior

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Aug 2 00:06:30 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 11:11:02PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> So is there any reason nowadays to keep things as they are?  I think I
> want to have a bit more standard semantics with recursive clean and a
> distclean that returns pristine sources.

Well, I don't disagree, but for development I find a version that only
cleans the current directory quite useful. Having to do a full recompile
just to test something in the main directory is a pain. Yes, I know
there are other ways (and these days most if not everything is caught
properly via dependencies), but make clean in its current form is still
a fast and effective helper...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger