[MPlayer-dev-eng] Last call for pre8

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sat Apr 29 01:16:43 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 14:50 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 12:37:56AM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > This is caused by lavc encoder rejecting bad timestamps from mencoder. I
> > believe the old behaviour can be restored for now by always setting the
> > timestamps in ve_lavc.c to MP_NOPTS_VALUE, but I haven't taken more than
> > a superficial look.
>
> yes, i just wanted to suggest that too for the release

Actually, are the timestamps currently useful anywhere, or would it be
better to completely disable them?

mencoder.c currently has

    blit_frame=decode_video(sh_video,frame_data.start,frame_data.in_size,
      skip_flag>0 && (!sh_video->vfilter || ((vf_instance_t *)sh_video->vfilter)->control(sh_video->vfilter, VFCTRL_SKIP_NEXT_FRAME, 0) != CONTROL_TRUE), mux_v->timer);

I think the front of the filter chain should be fed the source pts
(rather than pts from the muxer) eventually, so unless some part of the
code already does something useful with the timestamps, I'd suggest
changing "mux_v->timer" to "MP_NOPTS_VALUE" for the release.