[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer GUI

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu
Wed Apr 26 17:44:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 04:57:55PM +0200, Piotr Stachura wrote:
>
>>Dnia ??roda, 26 kwietnia 2006 13:58, Guillaume Poirier napisa??:
>>

>>>I hope this won't restrain you from coding you own GUI: even if it may
>>>not become THE official GUI, I'm sure there's a life besides
>>>"official" mplayer.
>>
>>I don't want to create new project. But I'm start thinking about modify
>>current official GUI.
>

> Well, then you will have to either
>
> - write it in C
> - accept that it will never get included
>
> Period.

Just to emphasis a bit further, it's not a question of liking C++ or
not it is just that MPlayer is C + asm code (just like Linux Kernel),
and everything should be written on that language.
What's more, all code included in MPlayer has to be
maintained/maintainable, and few ppl are interested in maintaining a
GUI in MPlayer so far.

Guillaume