[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer GUI

Piotr Stachura albert1 at autocom.pl
Wed Apr 26 16:57:55 CEST 2006

Dnia środa, 26 kwietnia 2006 13:58, Guillaume Poirier napisał:

> I hope this won't restrain you from coding you own GUI: even if it may
> not become THE official GUI, I'm sure there's a life besides
> "official" mplayer.

I don't want to create new project. But I'm start thinking about modify
current official GUI. For now I'd like to hear what are you excepting from
GUI (of course besides full compatible with console one). My own goal will
be:
1.Pseudo console output (ie. tray icon with info about codecs).
2.Possibility to run in slave mode (ie. for play WMV3 on amd64 using 32-bin
binary version)
3.Made usable to play only music files (nice playlist and other useless stuff)
4.MEncoder integration (in the future :P)
BTW. I think that everyone thinks that current GUI sucks but nobody want to do
something about it. and about “week-long flamewar” - if it will be creative
then why not :D

--
Piotr Stachura