[MPlayer-dev-eng] Change pts values to use doubles instead of floats

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Apr 25 01:39:58 CEST 2006

Corey Hickey wrote:

> Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
>
>> 2006/4/25, Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml at fatooh.org>:

>>> I'm not sure little cosmetic changes like this are acceptable. I
>>> usually try to follow the style of the original or surrounding
>>> code, especially when the modification is small.
>>
>> This is not cosmetic change. Cosmetic changes doesn't make code
>> slower ;)
>
> :)
>
> No, I mean how the patch moves curly-braces from the end of the line
> to a new line. There were other instances.
>
> Personally, I don't care one way or another in this case, but if I
> were the maintainer of some file I wouldn't really want simple
> changes to alter the style.
>
> It doesn't matter much.

Except that it makes patches larger and harder to read, which IIRC is
the primary reason such changes are indeed forbidden by policy (except
perhaps as part of a specific cosmetics patch).

Case in point: I was distracted enough by the moving of the brace that I
failed entirely to notice the change from "float" to "double".

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.