[MPlayer-dev-eng] pre8 update

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Apr 22 17:53:24 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 10:20:36AM +0800, ?????? wrote:
> On Saturday 22 April 2006 02:49, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > Unless the GTK1 variant of the Gui is used, the messages files are
> > now converted to UTF-8 by default.
>
> You mean even if I use some non-UTF-8 locale, the console output of MPlayer
> will be UTF-8?

No, but the messages file will be converted to UTF-8 before compilation
by default, unless you use GTK1 or the --charset configure option
(--charset=noconv restores the old behaviour).
The charset printed on the console will be autodetected by default, with
fallback to UTF-8, but can be change via both the -msgcharset option and
the MPLAYER_CHARSET environment variable. Here you can specify noconv as
well. Unfortunately it seems like I forgot to document both of the last
ones...

> > I don't know which patch you mean by "the old UTF-8 patch".
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.devel/29782/focus=29802

Don't know... I'll have to make a MPlayer version that includes non-ascci stuff
in the OSD first. Also, the subtitle code already handles different
charset, so if possible I would prefer to reuse that code instead of
duplicating functionality...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger