[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: pre8 update

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 22 13:59:06 CEST 2006

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 01:46:36PM +0200, Tomas Janousek wrote:
> Oded Shimon napsal(a):
> >BTW, I have no personal preference. I don't hate/like/care about any of
> >them. I'm actually still looking forward to MPlayer G5926 :P
>
> Did I understand correctly that it's something like subversion revision?
> Why G, why not rXXXX then?

No, way off.
There was supposed to be a MPlayer G2 (generation 2) a long time ago, and
some of it still exists, but everyone stopped working on it. people said
Arpi might be working on his own private fork and called that MPlayer G3,
or G4 or whatever. so to be safe, I said my MPlayer would be MPlayer
G5926, to make sure not to step on anyone's toes... Also 5926 is my lucky
number.

- ods15