[MPlayer-dev-eng] pre8 update

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Apr 21 11:59:19 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 01:06:09AM +0200, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:

> > > * Name: there are already some binary packages called pre8, so I propose
> > > to skip it and go to pre9 to avoid confusion.
> >
> > BTW: we should kick those guys ass. This is exactly the
> > same behaviour that lead to the gcc two dot ninetysix fiasco
> > a few years ago.
>
> Also we decided to name the next release 1.6.4. 6.4 stands for 2006
> april, and the 1 prefix is there for not incrementing major version one
> to six.

Nothing was ever decided.  Can we please drop this neverending
discussion?  It's the worst bikeshed topic we have, just look at how
many people jump in every time it comes up again and compare to the
amount of code they contribute.

We can discuss this on LinuxTag.  There will be enough devs there to
reach a consensus and given the nature of real life discusssions we will
come to a decision in a limited amount of time.

Diego