[MPlayer-dev-eng] pre8 update

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Apr 21 00:55:51 CEST 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 23:38:47 +0200
Roberto Togni <r_togni at tiscali.it> wrote:

> * setting up the mirror system
>   no idea, but attila told that the server can handle the load alone

Yes it can. We are currently using 10% of the line at peak times,
around 18:00+0200, 5min average. From www4's stats i guesstimate
that a release will be about two times the traffic. Assuming
that none of the mirrors hosts the files, we'll be somewhere
between 5 and 10 times the traffic.

We can also manualy put the file onto the mirrors
as we did with pre7try2, it just will take a few days
untill all mirrors have it.

Alternatively we can wait about a week and i could
implement, test and distribute the new sync scripts.

Well.. no scratch that. Release this weekend and we'll
distribute once again by hand.

			Attila Kinali

PS: -dev-eng is a good place to waste your time if you
don't want to be working on your thesis ^^;

--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ