[MPlayer-dev-eng] pre8 update

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 23:51:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 4/20/06, Roberto Togni <r_togni at tiscali.it> wrote:

> * Name: there are already some binary packages called pre8, so I propose
> to skip it and go to pre9 to avoid confusion.

Fine with me.

> * Target: this weekend (else Monday or Tuesday)

good.

> Please commit all safe patches you have pending and delay big/risky
> patches unless you have a good reason.
>

> Scream stop asap if you have a reason to halt the release process.

I've got the translation of console msg to French in my patches pipe.
I hopefully only need to review and apply it.
I also have the gtk gui patch on my tracker.

I imagine that win32 gui is out of the question for pre9? It wouldn't
be safe to ship such a large piece of code without having it tested
beforehand? (on the other hand, it merging it before release will make
it more likely to get more testing, as ppl will know that it exists
looking at the release changelog).

Guillaume
is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.