[MPlayer-dev-eng] pre8 update

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Thu Apr 20 23:38:47 CEST 2006

Hi all

Update on pre8 status.

* old release critical bugs:
- realaudio in mkv: fixed
- realvideo in mkv on ppc: fixed
- faad2 update: done

* setting up the mirror system
  no idea, but attila told that the server can handle the load alone

* new release critical bugs:
- 3gp with amr audio broken: anybody? I can make a trivial hack on 4cc
or revert the twos fix if no other patch is available before the release

* Name: there are already some binary packages called pre8, so I propose
to skip it and go to pre9 to avoid confusion.

* Target: this weekend (else Monday or Tuesday)

* Open tasks (help needed):
- check and complete changelog, including ffmpeg part

Do you know other release critical bugs?

Please commit all safe patches you have pending and delay big/risky
patches unless you have a good reason.

Scream stop asap if you have a reason to halt the release process.

Ciao,
 Roberto