[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [PACTH] get_byte_pos slave command

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Thu Apr 20 02:24:55 CEST 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 00:59:36 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 11:58:59PM +0200, Alban Bedel wrote:
> > So regarding your patch all it need is a few if(!arg) return NULL;
>
> It's already there in the second line. None of the implemented functions
> work when arg is NULL, so that seemed like the best place.

Oups, sorry i overlooked that. Look just fine now.

> > Dunno if set make much sense, althought it could be a good way to
> > test the error resistance of our demuxers i suppose :)
>
> It works fine with MPEG2. Didn't test anything else.

With mpeg stuff no doubt it will be fine, avi and the like will probably
just break, wav and rawaudio will probably end up in a big noisy mess :)

> > > Not even a simple list of supported
> > > properties?
> >
> > Their is -list-properties ;)
>
> Maybe slave.txt should at least mention that *g* (though a more thorough
> description of the properties wouldn't be bad).

Yep, perhaps we could add another section in there to document the
existing properties.

> > > Shouldn't those property commands also be active in idle mode?
> >
> > That's the plan, some could probably work in paused mode too.
>
> Well, they should I think. For frontends I guess it is quite bad to get no
> response at all...

That's basically why i started this. However for pause mode a few changes
in the input layer will be needed to handle commands while still having
the keyboard keys unpause. Shouldn't be too hard but i haven't got
around coding it yet.

	Albeu