[MPlayer-dev-eng] playback seeking

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Apr 13 21:36:00 CEST 2006

yiping chen wrote:

> Hello,
> I need your help:)
> I want to have a more accurate playback seeking.
> In what file can I find the method for seeking,  To attempt to a
> defined position?

Assuming you mean "which source file": none of them. If such a feature
had been implemented, it would be documented in the man page. (If you
aren't talking about source files, then this is a user question, and
should have been posted to the user list - but the answer is still
"sorry, can't do that".)

The basic technique for implementing such a feature - at the cost of
increased CPU (etc.) requirements, meaning much longer waits for the
seek to complete - is known: identify the final keyframe preceding the
desired seek position, seek to that frame, decode frames without
outputting until you reach the desired seek position - but managing that
without either producing garbage video or absolutely destroying A/V sync
is trickier than it sounds.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.