[MPlayer-dev-eng] coverity

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 07:33:19 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 4/10/06, Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:
> Moin,
>
> It has been brought to my attention, that coverity [1]
> scans our code for bugs. Does anyone know about this?

Nothing new here: some of the bugs pointed out by coverity have been
fixed already. If you wanna have a look at the database, you just need
to fill a form online and give your email address, and off you go.

> Especialy how they create their numbers?

if you talk about the CID: it seems to be purely incremental to me. If
you're talking about what technique they use, AFAIK, it's based on the
"stanford checker": some sort of compiler that uses the internal
program representation to run some in-depth dataflow analysis.

Guillaume
is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.