[MPlayer-dev-eng] Is MPlayer Java embeddable ?

rexian maillist at roomity.com
Tue Sep 27 19:23:21 CEST 2005

Hello,

We are currently building a web application based on Java in which we would like to embed a native player to display streaming video.

For Linux we found that MPlayer is the most powerful player as it can play almost any format, though we just need streaming windows media video format.

Does anybody know if MPlayer can be embedded in a Java GUI ? I understand some of the native GUI based applications that are statically linked to an executable are not embeddable in Java (don't completely understand it though). But since MPlayer is a stand-alone command line player (with an optional GUI), I think it'd be embeddable, but wanted to get some idea from developers who'd know better.

Thanks in advance,
Rex