[MPlayer-dev-eng] How to split MPEG 1/2 Audio Elementary Streams

shaswata jash shaswata_jash at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 15:16:00 CEST 2005

I want to split MPEG audio elementary streams (ES)  in smaller chunks. For example , an MPEG 1/2 audio elementary streams (Layer 1,2,3) are consist of Frame ( where each frame starts with 12 bits of '1'). I have divided the audio ES such a way that each splitted ES contains only one frame. Now the original ES can be played through  Windows media player or quick time player or MPlayer (MPlayer infact not showing any error, but no sound can be heard). But when i try to play those splitted ES (which contains only single audio frame) , error is encountered by the player.
Similar to above, i have splitted a MPEG1/2 video ES in such a way that each splitted ES contains only one GOP. I have added a SEQUENCE HEADER infront of those GOP in splitted file and closed the individual file containing splitted video ES with SEQUENCE_END code (0x000001B7). I can play those splitted video ES with the above mentioned media players.
How can i do the similar type of splitting for audio ES? Please help me.