[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Testing stand-alone NUT muxer and demuxer

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Sep 20 00:49:39 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 11:31:50PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 10:16:50PM +0300, Oded Shimon wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 09:09:36PM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > I uploaded an updated version at the same place as previously.
> > >
> > > *** Big fat warning *** : nutmerge is broken! No need to report bug about it!
> >
> > Bleh, that's not what I meant. Yes, it is broken, but it shouldn't have any
> > bugs (I.e., if it crashes or hangs, DO report it).
> > BUT IT CREATES BROKEN NUT FILES! Do not use them for anything other than
> > testing (i.e., do not archive, do not publisize, do not whatever). The fact
> > that these files DO play in MPlayer is only because MPlayer is broken as
> > well...
>
> what about commenting the fwrite() or whatever out in cvs so that idiots cant
> create broken files?

Well, we've made changes to the spec without updating the version
number. At this point I think we can just increment the version number
when we release the final spec, and as long as no tools are generating
broken files at that point, the old files will all be invalidated by
the 'pre-release' version number and it won't matter if they're broken
or not..

Rich