[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Mplayer CPU time

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 19 20:48:29 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 08:38:35PM +0200, Andrea Palmat? wrote:

> >This is developer maillist, ask users questions in user.
> >(or use irc channel)
> Sorry, but who better than a developer know how
> is a time critical function? I don't think that
> an user know how mplayer can take 50% of cpu time.

In this case you were just using MPlayer wrong and hence the high video
usage.
As you were answered, you should've used -nosound or -vc dummy. A user
could've told you that. (well, maybe a power user. and there are quite a
few of those in mplayer-users). mplayer-dev-eng is for discussing actual
development - patches and so on.

- ods15