[MPlayer-dev-eng] NUT cleanup

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Sep 14 16:14:54 CEST 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:07:51AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 10:22:19PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 01:39:52AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > Hi

> > > * store info stuff in several streams, so that "chapter/part descriptions"
> > > like author/title/... are in their own while other less interresting things
> > > are in a different stream
> > > * mark repeated frames somehow in the index
> >
> > Are you suggesting both together?
>
> yes
>

> > I don't see how #1 helps without #2.
> > Still this seems very hackish.. I feel like there _should_ be an
> > elegant way to deal with this.
>
> well, if you think theres a better way then find and propose it

I'll try. :(

> or just drop
> the 1pass muxing restriction

IMO it's not related to this. I don't care if someone has to do a
second pass to put chapter data in (actually they shouldn't since the
chapter boundaries should be known in advance). The problem is what to
do with live streams, which (afaik) was the main purpose you had in
mind for new info packets mid-file..

Rich