[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp3 recognize bugfix for MPlayer-1.0pre7::libmpdemux/demux_audio.c

Stefan Bambach sbambach at gmx.net
Tue Sep 6 17:57:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Yes, that exactly was the bug that was fixed since pre7. I think you
> missed the important change (attached).

Yes I missed it :-( oops

I backported your attached to plain pre7. It's working too :-) Thx

> Your algorithm is just a simpler version of mine (I think), it traverses
> the whole list each time instead of keeping it sorted - can be an
> performance hit if you have a file with lots of 0xff bytes.

Yes I know. Preformance was no problem for me, even with old 400MHz PC.
Forgot to analyse and optimize it again afterwards.

> Yes, but channels, layer type and frequency can not change! At least
> MPlayers decoder would break in that case anyway. Bitrate may change
> though!
> Not checking layer might cause MPlayer to use the wrong decoder based on
> a first broken packet - and at least for samplerate we have that problem
> with avi files where the first MP3 header specifies the wrong one.

ok.

There are more restricted/reserved bits in the header...
Just in case...
http://www.datavoyage.com/mpgscript/mpeghdr.htm

PS:
Schöne Grüsse aus München ;-)