[MPlayer-dev-eng] [carlie at ssc.com: MPlayer wins TUX 2005 Readers' Choice Award]

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Sep 2 01:49:19 CEST 2005

Hey, it's that time of the year again it seems.  We've just added
another trophy to our sizeable collection of awards :-)

Diego

----- Forwarded message from Carlie Fairchild <carlie at ssc.com> -----

From: Carlie Fairchild <carlie at ssc.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:21:39 -0500
To: diego at biurrun.de
Subject: MPlayer wins TUX 2005 Readers' Choice Award

Hi from your friends at TUX Magazine,

We're happy to let you know that our readers have voted to present
MPlayer with their 2005 Readers' Choice Award. The press release
will be released on the wire late morning Sept 1 along with an
article published in the September issue of TUX.

Attached is a Readers Choice banner (125 x 125) exclaiming your win.
Please let us know if there is anything we can provide you, and most
importantly again - congratulations!

September 1, 2005 - TUX Magazine, the first and only magazine for
the new Linux user, today announced the winner of its first-annual
Readers' Choice Awards for 2005.  TUX is published by SSC
Publications, Inc.

"We were amazed by both the quantity and quality of the choices that
were available for TUX's inaugural Readers' Choice Awards,"
commented Carlie Fairchild, SSC Publications' VP of Marketing and
Sales.  "Not only are the most popular applications getting ever
more, but many new entrants keep arriving to push the market forward
by leaps and bounds.  It's clear that desktop Linux has arrived."

The winners, as featured in the September issue of TUX Magazine, are
as follows:

    Favorite Distribution: Kubuntu/Ubuntu
    Favorite Desktop Environment: KDE
    Favorite Web Browser: Firefox
    Favorite E-Mail Client: Thunderbird
    Favorite Communications Tool: Gaim
    Favorite Mobile Tool: gpilot
    Favorite Productivity Suite: OpenOffice
    Favorite Digital Photo Management Tool: Digikam
    Favorite Music Player: XMMS
    Favorite Media Player: Mplayer
    Favorite Game: Frozen Bubble
    Favorite Design Tool: The GIMP
    Favorite Text Editor: vi
    Best Place to Buy a Linux Desktop or Laptop: Linux Certified

TUX Magazine is a digital, controlled-circulation publication. It is
available for download free-of-charge at www.TUXMagazine.com.

About TUX
TUX is the first and only magazine for the new Linux user and is
dedicated to promoting and simplifying the use of Linux on the PC.
While initially slated to launch as a print magazine, TUX has been
refocused as a digital-only publication. Digital editions of TUX are
available for downloaded at no charge from the publication's Web
site at www.TuxMagazine.com. Further information about TUX is
available via e-mail at info at TuxMagazine.com, at www.TuxMagazine.com
or by calling toll-free 888-66-LINUX (5-4689).

About the Publisher
A privately held company, SSC Publications is the leading UNIX,
Linux and Open Source authority, publishing reference materials in
these fields since 1983. SSC's properties include LinuxGazette.com,
ITGarage.com, TuxMagazine.com, LinuxJournal.com, the monthly
international print magazine Linux Journal, and the digital magazine
TUX. Additional information can be found at www.SSC.com.

Media Relations Contact:
James Gray
SSC Publications, Inc.
Public Relations Dept.
PO Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155
Phone: +1 517-303-6532
jgray at ssc.com
Carlie Fairchild	    | SSC Publications, publishers of:
carlie at ssc.com	            | Linux Journal - linuxjournal.com
3267 Bee Caves Rd, 107-263  | TUX Magazine  -  tuxmagazine.com
Austin, TX 78746 USA        | Linux Gazette - linuxgazette.com
Phone +1.206.782.7733 x110  | IT Garage -     www.itgarage.com