[MPlayer-dev-eng] vidix status??

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Thu Sep 1 17:26:03 CEST 2005

On Thursday 01 September 2005 11:37, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been trying to sync out vidix with the CVS versions, just to see
> that some of our files are newer (e.g. unichrome_vid), some are older
> and some a completely different!
> And most of the changes are only cosmetics.
> So what to do about it??

I tryed to do it a while back but run out of interest. Back then I tryed to
get our changes into vidix cvs in order to import the complete tree.
As far as I remember
nvidia_vid
sis_vid
cyberblade_vid
pm2_vid
pm3_vid
savage_vid

can be used directly from vidix cvs
genfb should be removed in vidix cvs
unichrome_vid was commited with lots of cosmetics to vidix cvs, the main
differences are the missing doxygen comments

radeon, mach and mga vid of mplayer cvs lack busmastering

I synced vidix.sf.nets pci.db a while back to a newer one. I think some
of the driver pci ids have to be updated when syncing radeon, mach and
mga_vid.
We also need to sync libdha. Ours is  lacking dma support, but is working on
more platforms (windows)

Also note that vidix.sf.net has changed its license.

Regards

Sascha