[MPlayer-dev-eng] Utilize libunrar.so/unrar.dll?

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Mon Oct 31 09:27:25 CET 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:19:15PM +0800, Zuxy wrote:
> 2005/10/21, Reimar D???ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>:
> > I don't really like using non-GPL code. Maybe somebody could
> > investigate if the code from 7zip (http://7-zip.org) can be
> > used for this?
>
> Does 7-zip support decompressing rar file?

yes but the code is based on rar2 free sources, so most rar
archives are not handles, also some time ago I've looked
at one post saying it cannot use rarlib dll as plugin
since the plugin infrastructure of 7zip passes memory ranges
to plugins but rarlib dll want to use direct file access
(i.e. it needs filenames).

I think it could be added a runtime dlopen/loadlibrary
to see if the rar dll/so it's here or revert back to 2.0
code if not found.

Bye

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>