[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wondering if a donation of a Mini-ITX motherboard is needed?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 11:54:11 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 10/12/05, Rune Kristian Viken <runevi at basefarm.no> wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I'm wondering how the mplayer support for the various hardware devices on
> the VIA motherboards is.  This page is in norwegian, but maybe you can make
> something out:
>
> http://www.komplett.no/k/kl.asp?bn=10123
>
> Are these cards mostly supported, included mpeg encoding/decoding chips or
> whatever?
>
> If not, are any of you intersted in getting such cards?  I'm considering
> using them for home cinema purposes - and I would think it great if I could
> help the mplayer project by donating such a card to gain support for it...
> if possible.
>
> So .. if anyone is interested, please respond ..

Actually, one person in the team could benefit from a donation: Ivan
Kalvachev, who's in charge of that part of MPlayer, but doesn't have
the hardware to test the unichrome patch and modify it let's hope he
also have the time to work on it too).
You can find Ivan's email address on the AUTHORS file in MPlayer
source tree if you want to discuss those matter in private, but in any
case, Ivan is subscribed to this mailing list, so he should have
already received all the mails of this thread.

Guillaume
--
Reading doesn't hurt, really!
  -- Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski