[MPlayer-dev-eng] mphq2 - admins wanted

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Oct 22 19:16:11 CEST 2005

Gabucino wrote:

> Attila Kinali wrote:
>
>> Thus, it's now time to form an admin crew for it. If you think you
>> meet these criteria, then please respond to this mail stating your
>> qualifications.
>
> It is my pleasure to volunteer for administration of the neu-server. Having:
>
>  - spent six years with administration of several multiuser systems
>    (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Linux, OSF1/Tru64, Solaris, QNX, Irix,
>    VMS/VAX, VMS/AXP)
>  - 0.5-1 year spent with the first "MPlayerHQ" at sourceforge.
>  - 3 years' experience of MPlayerHQ's configuration needs, [MPlayer-specific]
>    serverside scripting, layout of serverside WWW/FTP areas, etc, you know..
>  - high experience in configuring company-wide secure multiuser systems,
>    optionally with centralized LDAP authorization, spamfiltering, mail
>    systems, SSL and other aspects
>  - high experience in securing access to multiuser public servers
>  - high experience in configuring secure encrypted and authorized VPN's
>  - high experience in x86, ppc, sun, sgi, alpha, vax architectures
>  - high experience in networking protocols (IPv4, IPv6, DECnet)
>  - high experience in Unix debugging
>  - high experience in configuring all kinds of operating systems and server
>    software for all the above
>  - being well-known and trusted on the net since 5+ years
>
> Vouch for me :)

I am not in a position to be able to judge most of these, but I am very
unlikely to support giving any kind of power to a person who has
exhibited the kind of gratuitous insulting/attacking attitude seen from
you on this list lately. You may very well be supremely qualified in all
technical aspects, but in the last week or two you have completely
neutralized just about every reason I may have ever had to trust you.

You may (or may not) have had a point with some or all of your list of
"neu-team" failings, but the kind of hostile, belligerent, offense-ive
(in the sense of "seeking to give offense") attitude you've taken has
done nothing to help your cause and, at least in my case, has removed
any possibility there may have been of support for either you or the
points you were trying to make.

I'm only barely part of the team - I do documentation proofreading and
grammar checking, and that far less than I should - but for the little
my opinion is worth, here it is; I'm not happy to say it, but it's true.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.