[MPlayer-dev-eng] Small changes to subreader.c file

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Oct 15 12:58:27 CEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 07:07:45PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:47:53AM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> > I'm gonna wait few days in case original author speaks up.
> > Then I am gonna recommit the CRLF patch (with "wb" change).
> > If some of the developers are against this I would like to hear their reasoning.
>
> I am absolutely against generating windows format-only files on unix.

And I am beginning to agree...

> Please send (or just commit) a patch that allows the user to select
> the text format, with default being the OS native format.

I don't think this is necessary.  Settling one way or the other should
be enough.

> Anything that unconditionally generates CRLF will be reversed by me
> as long as I have cvs access. If Attila or anyone else feels this is
> sufficiently important to kick me off the team, go right ahead.

Everybody cool down.  We'll come to a decision, which will then be
implemented.  This is a MINOR issue that is being blown out of
proportion.  Nobody will get kicked off the team over this nor will it be
necessary to get into revert wars.

Diego