[MPlayer-dev-eng] Small changes to subreader.c file

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Oct 11 19:26:14 CEST 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 04:59:11PM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> 2005/10/11, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:
> > On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 12:47:15PM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> > >
> > > But I have it in AUTHORS, as one of the the few things i've done that
> > > worth mentioning.
> >
> > The AUTHORS file does not help when looking for maintainers, though.
> > Most parts of the code are not maintained by their original authors
> > nowadays.
> >
> > If somebody considers himself the maintainer of code part X, he better
> > list himself in MAINTAINERS, or at least not blame anybody for believing
> > part X to be unmaintained...
>
> Diego, please stop nagging. When I commited I clearly stated that this
> peace of code is mine, I had wrote it. I do not claim maintainership
> of the whole subreader.c because of this.
> Replacing the arguments is old flaming/trolling technique and I am
> surprised to see you using it.

I'm not trying to flame/troll here, although - admittedly - trying to
raise an unrelated valid point in a flame thread is difficult to say the
least.

My point remains: Whoever is not listed in MAINTAINERS cannot expect
others to know they are maintaining some random part of MPlayer.  If you
wish for this fact to be known, announce it, otherwise don't complain.

I'm saying this in general, not aimed at anyone in particular.

Diego